Friday, February 26, 2010

Blazathon and The Art of Rufus


One character that I seem to keep bumping into each year is the Stillwater Elks Lodge Blazathon BBQ Cook-Off mascot named Rufus. He started off being drawn by a local screen printer (you can see his image in the left hand of the cook rules and parking map illustration). He never really changed much other than finding a clip art body onto which his head was slapped onto. I think I recall a year or two that he was rendered with some fancy airbrush shading or something or another. I have slowly updated him as to what I see him as, and have tried to breath some life into the little character. You can see something of his evolution from my design from 2007 and the artwork I have done for the official webpage. It goes in cycles, and this year that local screen printer I mentioned is doing this years artwork, which is great.

0 comments: