Friday, May 07, 2010

IllustrationFriday.com




This week's topic on IllustrationFriday.com is "Fearless". I read the topic and thought, "didn't we just do this?", and as you can see from the previous post, it is similar to the last topic that I did which was "brave". I started this two weeks ago for the topic "ahead" but never finished it. I guess it could work for this week's topic, at any rate, I didn't want to waste it.

Rendering was done in Manga Studio Debut 4 with colors completed in Corel Painter 11 and Photoshop CS5. All pencils, inks, and colors were rendered on a Wacom Cintiq.

6 comments:

Sketched Soul said...

Wow.. this is excellent! I like how you showed the process.

Matt said...

Thanks! I enjoy seeing how others go about their process of rendering their illustrations, and ALWAYS love to see the raw pencil work, that is where the emotion is at.

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Matt! Great! You really packed so much into this piece! Love everything about it. It works so perfectly for this weeks theme. I'm so glad you posted it. love your crisp clean style. The perspective and angle is perfect as well. You have a new follower.

AG Fabrega said...

Agreed: really enjoy seeing the process. And, enjoy the piece very much. Sketches, inks and all.

Matt said...

Thanks Jack! I really enjoyed doing this piece.

Unknown said...

Excellent! Love the movement, perspective, story...everything!